Thursday, March 6, 2008

Herd Update

At the beginning of the season, I set a rule for the team that they should let me know if they would be unable to make it to practice. You know...to encourage responsibilty. Be careful what you wish for. Yesterday at practice, one of my players passed me a note (weird in itself). It was from one of my two seventh graders and it read:

Just in case you cannot make it out:

Dear Coach Butler,

I am sorry to inform you, I will not be able to attend practice today. I am sorry I could not call, for I have lost your number. I have a Dentist Appointment at 2:00 p.m. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Jade Verdeflor :)

How is that for responsibility? How quickly these kittens are becoming cats.

Dear Player Jade,

The team and I were deeply saddened by yesterday's news, for we have grown accustomed to your presence at practice. Please practice your routines before we meet again. Until then, may you remain in good health.

Sincerely,
Coach Butler

Digg this

No comments: